Indian Jewellery has been a way for people to express their personal style for centuries. One of the most popular ways to do so is by layering and mixing different types of jewellery. Layering jewellery is a great way to create a unique and individual look, while mixing jewellery is perfect for those who want to mix and match different styles and colors.
Layering jewellery is an art that requires a bit of creativity and a good sense of style. The key is to choose pieces that complement each other and create a cohesive look. When layering, you can mix and match different types of jewellery, such as necklaces, bracelets, rings, and earrings. Here are some tips on how to layer jewellery for a unique and stylish look.
- Start with a focal point: When layering jewellery, it is important to have a focal point. This could be a statement necklace, a bold bracelet or a pair of striking earrings or many other kinds of jewellery to make you shine brighter.. Once you have a focal point, you can start building around it with other pieces. For example, if you're wearing a statement necklace, you can layer it with a delicate necklace or a pendant.
- Mix metals: Don't be afraid to mix different metals, such as gold and silver, rose gold and copper. Mixing metals adds depth and interest to your jewellery look. However, if you're new to mixing metals, start with two different types of metals and gradually work your way up.
- Vary the lengths: Layering jewellery works best when you vary the lengths of the pieces. Start with a choker or short necklace, add a medium-length necklace, and finish with a longer necklace or pendant like Rani Haar. The same goes for bracelets and rings. Mixing up the lengths creates a beautiful cascading effect that draws the eye.
- Play with textures: Mix smooth and textured pieces to add interest to your layered look. For example, mix a smooth pearl earrings with a chunky chain or a delicate bracelet with a beaded one. The contrast between textures adds dimension and creates a visually appealing look.
- Keep it balanced: When layering jewellery, it's important to keep a balance between the pieces. If you're wearing a statement necklace, keep the rest of the pieces more subtle. Alternatively, if you're layering multiple pieces, make sure they're all visible and not overcrowded. This creates a harmonious look that is pleasing to the eye.
- Add color: Mixing jewellery is a great opportunity to add a pop of color to your outfit. Try mixing colorful gemstones or enamel pieces with more neutral metal pieces. This is a great way to add interest and personality to your jewellery look like multi colored bangles.
- Don't forget about earrings: Earrings can be a great addition to a layered jewellery look. Try mixing and matching different styles, such as hoops, studs, and dangly earrings, to create a unique look. Earrings can also be used to tie together the different pieces of jewellery in your layered look.
- Think outside the box: Don't be afraid to mix and match jewellery in unconventional ways. Try layering a necklace with a brooch or pinning a bracelet onto your clothing. This adds a touch of creativity and originality to your layered jewellery look.
In conclusion, layering and mixing jewellery is a great way to create a unique and individual look. By playing with different lengths, textures, colours, and styles, you can create a personalised look that truly reflects your personal style. So, don't be afraid to experiment and have fun with your jewellery! Remember, the key to a successful layered jewellery look is to create a harmonious balance between the pieces.