Surpassing through time and history, Indian Kundan jewellery has not stayed just a skill but developed into an art in design and artistry. One of the oldest records of jewellery making, the purest and softest gold is beaten into fine sheets and banked around diamonds and gemstones.
Befit for a Queen, master craftspeople at ORRA have perfected this art over the years, creating sure you wax no less than royalty. And to confirm that this component of origin stays glowing forever, here are a few suggestions to hold in mind while caring for your Kundan and polki jewellery:
- Constantly keep jewellery away from any natural or indirect heat. Heat can impact the back of the stone, which is not heatproof, forcing a difference in colour and shape.
- Avoid any moisture and secure environments for a long time (e.g. bank lockers, jewellery boxes constructed of satin or leather cloth) as the absence of air will generate an oxidizing process on gold & mostly on 24k Kundan edge & its boundaries.
- Constantly maintain two pieces of jewellery separate in separately zip-locked bags (as per the size of the piece), observed by insertion in a plastic box with different partitions for each article. This will assist in creating a vacuum and block moisture entry, thereby stopping corrosion and maintaining the selection intact even in closed environments.
- While washing the pieces and providing they are glowing for longer, consistently use warm, non-detergent-based, soapy water and dry them with a soft cloth. As polka and Kundan pieces are very inclined to dampness, they are always stored in a dry area.
- Visit your jeweller at least once a year to have your special sets inspected for any indications of wear or loose prongs.
- Please evade contact with any room spray, cologne, perfume, or spray things, as it can cause the tarnishing of gold in severe cases.
- Avoid touch of the jewellery with any warmth in the shape of light during display/storage or from a close connection with electronic devices like hair dryers that cause heat.
- Don’t use any abrasive cleansers on your jewellery.
- Avoid moisture on the jewellery while storing the items in a locker in satin or other material boxes.
- Do not wear jewellery while putting on makeup or styling your hair. Wear the jewellery at the back of obtaining dressed, as the chemicals in makeup and hair sprays can impact your jewellery.
- Do not hold your jewellery in any closed environment, like boxes, drawers, or any other storage place, for an extended period. Allow some time to breathe sometimes.